Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Second Time Around...

My niece (who is my borrowed daughter :-)), goes to school in Tijuana B.C.. They get to wear those cute little plaid uniforms with the knee high socks. Ever since I learned to knit socks I had been planning to make her a pair of knee highs. But, of course, my procrastination is always live and vivid in my life. Recently, I went to this new yarn store I discovered, to browse around. They had a huge bin of clearance items and they had a bunch of 3 skein packages of white fingering weight sock yarn for $2.99. I got two packages, 2 pairs of size 0, 16" Addi Turbos (and also two packages of 50/50 wool/acrylic bright red yarn for 1.99 each, woohoo!!). I get home and start knitting and just loved the yarn!! It so perfectly stretcy!! I called the store and asked the if she knew what it was and she stated it was either Bernat or Paton acrylic. Unbelievable. I plan to go my next paycheck and get to more. I mean, I can always experiment with dyeing right?? Well, anyway, for her first pair, I'm making the True Love Socks. Which I already started once but the Crystal Palace Panda yarn was not the strechiest and also are being finished for my niece who was the only one who fit into them. Ill post pics up soon!!

No comments: