Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Ripper

AAAArrgggg!!! I hate ripping back. But tinking was gonna take me forever. I'm working on my first 2-at-a-time socks and they were going great. But I forgot that in order for the pattern to go all the way around the leg correctly I had to do the pattern consecutively around the whole round. Not just across the top then start over across the back. It caused me to miss a box on one side of the leg. I ripped back to the heel and then decided that since I hadn't been too happy with the heel (I kinda miscounted somewhere in the slipped stitches of the short row pattern) so I ripped back some more. Bad idea. Now I'm trying to pick up itty bitty stitches that dropped from the ripping. The smallest crochet I have is a little to big, but I managed to get them all back.

I already finished the first re-doing the first heel and am ready to start ripping the next heel and re-do that one. I know, How is that if its 2-at-a-time? Well since I was miscounting trying to do the 2 heels at the same time I decided to do each heel separately.

I guess it wasn't such a bad idea since I'm loving the new heel I made and all the stitch counts matched. If I'm gonna spend this much time making something for myself I might as well do it right, right?? Anyways, off to start ripping...

No comments: