Monday, June 14, 2010

Pretty Satchel

The Lacey Leaf Satchel is in the new Interweave magazine for Summer. I have decided to use the Berroco Mica in a gold tone. Very pretty and I wanted it to look more like a golden leaf than a green one. A more Autumn-y look. I first tried it with the Lion Brand Cotton in a Brown Brown. It was to bland and it kinda had a faded look. Not what I was going for at all. The Mica is a little more expensive but as I have been knitting up a swatch it has just the look I was going for.

The way the pattern works is you are going off two charts at once. I have never tried this before and I don't like charts much so I had to write out the patterns. I can much better handle that. Im thinking I might add a snap or zipper to actually close the back afterward. Also, I might use another straps instead of the wood handles. Not sure yet.

I am measuring gauge by knitting one of the sides first instead of the the front/back parts. That way I can measure gauge and if it is good then I can just keep going and get that out of the way. Two birds, one stone. Love it!!!


ETA 06/15/2010

Additional info left out:

I forgot to mention this is a hopeful Christmas gift for my sister. This is the first knitted Christmas gift I have ever planned and its great cause Im so far ahead (knock on wood). LoL I might end up weaving in ends on Christmas Eve if my procrastination is the same as ever. I want to knit up at least one of the sides and front or back by early October so I can start looking for the lining. Im thinking Chinese Silk. Also I have come up with a new closure idea: a magnet snap button. And some pockets on the lining. Oh so many ideas a-brewing...

No comments: