Sunday, June 06, 2010

Kashma with Alice

A long time ago I had seen Ashley Green (who plays Alice Cullen in the Twilight Saga movies) wearing a really cute beanie in a picture. It was blue with hearts using YO's and such. I had posted in a thread on Ravelry about how cute it was and if anyone could come up with a pattern. Well someone heard my prayers (or most likely just loved it just as much as me) and came up with a pattern. I had queued in my Rav account but could not find the yarn I wanted. I stopped by Jo-Annes one day for God knows what (probably nothing in particular) and saw this beautiful red yarn called Kashmira by Sensations. It's 100% wool, super squishy and springy in a sport weight. I loved it and knew right then and there it was meant for my Ashley Hat.

I casted on with my Addis in which, besides the US0 I have for socks, I had recently bought US2 and US5 for no particular reason at my LYS. It was perfect cause that's what the pattern called for. I casted on in magic loop which was a little tedious since my stitches twisted twice before I finally got it going. However, in my haste and eagerness to start the pattern after the ribbing I forgot to stop and think. I went 11 rows into the pattern with the US2 instead of switching to the US5's. Rip, rip, rip, rip, rip....

Now finally after a few days I have my Ashley hat!! In a perfect beautiful red!! It turned out I made it a little to small. Its ok cause it was very fun to knit up. Very addicting Funny though, I was in a Twilight themed knit swap and my partner made me one in a cream color. Much better than mine cause it was bigger and baggy. Very cute. The one I made is being gifted to my niece. Very good knitting turn out :)



No comments: