Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pink Honey

I have now started a new Personal Pattern project. I am using Knitpicks Telemark sport weight in hot pink and black. I have made the bottom in black and have now started the color work. Making the sides in pink and black at every other stitch. Making the front and back with black border to pink diamonds. I had first opted to follow someone elses pattern in the color work portion but it was not what I wanted it to look like. I have now created my own pattern to the project and Im quite proud. I have had to learn how to "pick". I have always been a "thrower" and having to learn to pick at the same time as throwing while using two different yarns for my first color work is quite a challenge. However, it is a project I am really enjoying!! I hope to have this felted soon so I can have pics up along with a pattern. I am so excited!:)

My firsts

-Color work I think it's fairisle
-Picking (continental style)
-Picking and throwing at the same time
-Felted
-Zipper
-Lining my knitting (or anything)
-Adding pockets or sewing


I just finished my first pattern repeat and it looks awesome!!

No comments: