Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Ripper Returns

I plan to make this a (well not exactly plan) sequential blog. I'm sure, just like any, there will be a bad sequel after this. But for now I leave you with this horror...

I love Sockpixie's Le Petit Trianon baby sweater. The first one I made was with the Bernat Cashmere blend (5% Cashmere lol) in a charcoal gray. When the heck does a baby were charcoal gray??? Ripped back and made into the Cashmere Hat.

My second attempt went much better. I made it from the Bernat baby 1lb yarn in blue. Instead of the ribbon opening though I used buttons. However, it was a baby shower gift and no pictures are available to prove I was succesful.

In my last attempt I was inspired by a yarn I saw and purchased in my last yarn binge. The Karabella Forresta. Very pretty brights and subdued vintage colors. When I saw it I knew that I would love to knit this particular pattern with it.

Now the horrific part...

I somehow casted on 100 stitches instead of 90!!! Aaaand Im already into the decreases of the sweater!!! AAAAAaaargh!!! So I have to rip out the whooooole sweater!! And to make matters worse I use a stitch marker at every 10 stitches so as to not lose count. How the heck could I mess this up?? I wondered how I was already into my 3rd ball of yarn. Duh!!


It's not like it took me that long to knit. It's bulky yarn on 10 1/2 US needles. I didnt like the gauge either, it's to tight. So now I am going to rip back and re- start with bigger needles and fix that also.

From This To this Back to this

No comments: