Sunday, May 09, 2010

In progress

I have now finished my Lemony Blues scarf and is all nice and prettily blocked. It's wrapped in tissue and ready for it's recipient to wear. I'm sooo excited. Now on the other hand, my 2fer socks have been very naughty. Not naughty in a sexy way but naughty to the point of me wanting to rip them all out and just re-stashing this yarn until I decided what to do with it.

I guess I shouldn't be to hard on these socks since I am the one who's knitting them. The major trouble is that I can't seem to get past the 2nd 1/2 of the pattern repeat (which is right after I finished the heel) I have ripped back those 4 rows so many times I'm scare my yarn won't hold up much once I start wearing them. The YO and SSK are falling right at the end of the turns. I keep forgetting that the YO are actual stitches. I have even considered just finishing on DPN's. However, I can't find my US2 Crystal Palace set that I'm sure I bought 40% off a while back. I swear I bought size US 1, 2, & 3 but I can only find the 1's and 3's. Head scratcher.

Anyways, today is the make it or break it day. I am going to count the stitches and have a certain amount on the first 1/2 so that I have to knit about 2 or 3 stitches before each turn and no YO or SSK or K2tog are at the ends :crossing fingers so it works: .


Until then this is all I am really thinking about. I have other projects in the noggin' but these socks are taking up all my time right now until I can get them figured. I'm soo close!!!

No comments: