Monday, May 03, 2010

My Fave Knitting Podcasts

I felt a need to blog about my new addiction in the knitting world. Knitting Podcasts!!! What better way to spend your time as your knitting than listening to other knitters talk about knitting or watching knitters showing you about knitting in podcasts!!

The very first one I came across after I realized there could be such a thing as knitting podcasts was: Letsknit2gether with CAT and edited by her husband Eric. This is a well made video podcast and it's just like watching a knitting show only they're a bit shorter. It was through her I discovered all the awesome fiber festivals like Rhinebeck and the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. She takes us on her fiber trips showing us awesome fibers, yarns, competitions, and so much more. She also has awesome tutorials and shows us all about felting, illusion knitting, and even jewelry knitting amongst so many other things. I also learned about Qiviut yarn, I watch this episode from time to time just so I can drool over the cone of Qiviut she shows us. I definitely recommend this as a must watch.

It took me a while to find another knitting podcast I took a liking to since seeing all the things someone is talking about is much better than listening to it. However I recently discovered Fiber Beat with Wonder Mike. Normally this is a audio podcast but about once a month he will release a video podcast which is very fun to watch. I've enjoyed the Cookie A interview, watching a spinner be super creative with her yarn spinning, along with tutorials.

I recently started listening to my first, all audio, knitting podcast: KnitCents with Rachel. Love her! I've only listened to a few episodes but I love her soft spoken voice and anything I hear about I can see on her KnitCents Blog. She has many money saving tips, awesome yarn reviews, and many great knit-alongs with fab prizes!! I can't wait to start participating since I only just started listening.

There are sooo many more out there that are yet to be discovered. You can find many by searching "knitting" in the podcast section of Itunes. Enjoy!!!

No comments: