Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Alive!!

So I was super sick last week!! I was at work on Monday but towards the end of my shift I kinda felt funny. By the time I got home I was not feeling well at all. I was knocked out for 2 whole days!! That Tuesday though I went to the Dr. thinking I had the mumps (I had a swollen cheek). Turns out it was my parotid gland (random) got swollen and infected. I had a 100.7 temp when I was at the Dr.'s office. Not good. I got some antibiotics and felt better to get back to work on Thursday but this parotid gland is still swollen. Got a CT scan (also an ultrasound) to make sure my salivary glands were clear (no stones to block them). So random are ailments but no mumps. Whew.

So because I felt so sick I really didn't knit much. Yes, I was that sick. I would start a row and start falling asleep. I mean my soccer team was playing and I didn't even get excited that they won!! That sick. Anyways woo to me lol. Back to actual knitting...

I did finally finish my 2fers!!! Yay!!! I just need 2 more rows of ribbing and bind off. They are sooo pretty and well worth the effort. Two Socks!! Still really stoked about that.



Yarn: Karabella Aurora 4 in coral ( it says DK/sport but I say more fingering)
Needles: Susan Bates US2 32'' circulars
Pattern: Don't Box Me In


Also I will be adding all the podcasts I listen to in my sidebar. I started listening to more and now I'm super hooked. I listen to them in the morning rather than my usual radio show. I've now started to listen to Knitmore Girls and Stitch it!!. Ill add links in the sidebar.

I want to also start some kind of progress bar or icon for my Sock Summit 2011 goal. I have never been to any kind of yarn or fiber festival. And recently I have been listening to all these podcasters rave about Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. So I have decided on an X amount of money that I would need to cover the trip, room, and spending. I want to keep track and maybe inspire others to do the same. Maybe even get some people together to share a room and have extra money to spend?? ;) Just a though.

Will be blogging a lil' bit more now that Im up and about. Now to get to binding off those socks...


FYI

All finished!! So pretty


No comments: